EDIT: I was asked what a Tweezerman tool was, so I thought it would be important to share.
A Tweezerman tool for blackheads is one of these guys:
Ever heard of Blackhead No More? Whether you have and you are interested if it actually works or you have not and are interested in hearing about it - stay tuned! I have a review with photos coming right up :3
Plus, as a bonus, the owner of the website offered to sponsor a contest with THREE winners. THREE!! What does that mean for you? Well, if you win - you get a set of the two products I am about to review. Interested? Stay tuned and please make sure to read the rules~
For the longest time, I had a problem with blackheads. I used Tweezerman tool to get rid of them, Bioré strips, but both of those are quite painful and don't get rid of all the blackheads anyway. I stumbled upon the Blackhead No More website when researching (yet again) on the best way to get of those pesky little blackheads. As I had never heard of the products before and had no idea if they would actually work, I was offered the products for a review and I agreed. I was really excited (and still am!).
Shipping took a little while (about a week - which is not too long), because it was shipped from Singapore. Shipping is safe, you pay with PayPal and you get a tracking number :)
When I got the package, it contained both the BLAKhead Masque and BLAKhead Lotion. The containers are pretty sizable and last for a while. Besides, if you keep using these products, your blackheads will decrease dramatically and you will no longer need to use as much :DD
The lotion comes in a convenient little bottle with a pump, as well as black cotton swabs, so it is easier to see the blackheads you have removed from your pores:
The instructions are very easy to follow: after a shower, saturate a cotton pad with the BLAKhead lotion, then place on your nose (or other blackhead-prone area), soak a towel in hot water, wring it dry and place it over the pad for a sauna effect. Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes, then use the cotton swab to gently push out the blackheads:
After following the instructions, this is what my swab looked like (gross, I know ~.~), and this is only after one swab:
The BLAKhead Masque comes in a black tube (80grams):
It is a fairly good size, and will last for quite a while (the website claims it is about 30-40 applications, depending on the size of the area you are treating):
I used the Masque right after I used the lotion, so there were not many blackheads left - only the deeper ones. The mask itself is black and gooey, but it has no smell, so it is not gross. Place it on the area you want to treat, then wait 15-20 minutes until it stiffens, then pull it off. It is not painful at all (unlike pore strips) and this is what it pulled out for me:
The white frame shows the minor blackheads I had left still after the Lotion treatment, which is saying a lot. My nose is clear, which makes me extremely happy ^^
Overall, it is an amazing product. I was pleasantly surprised when this actually worked and how!
The price may be the only downside to this product. The BLAKhead Masque is $28 and the BLAKhead Lotion is $18 (or $40 if you buy both~), but when you take the following things into account, it does not seem so bad:
- The masque alone will last you around 30-40 times of use (every each time, leaving you with less and less recurring blackheads!)
- The cleaning method is painless, unlike the pore strips or the Tweezerman tool
- It actually works and gets the blackheads, as well as leaves your skin smooth after the application
- Bioré pore strips are $8 for 8 stips, meaning that 32 stips would cost you $32. Now, you do the math ;D
- This method will not leave you with any scars, unlike the Tweezerman tool - isn't that a plus?
I am so happy that I found this product and I no longer have to rip the strips off my nose and watch tears spring out of my eyes when that happens >.<
So...are you interested in trying out these products? Join the giveaway :3 The generous owner of Blackhead No More is letting me host one with three of you as winners!
Please make sure you read these guys first, though ;D
- Must be a FOLLOWER on this blog
- Must be a SUBSCRIBER on YouTube
- Must LIKE the Facebook Page
How to Enter
- Do NOT write "enter me." If you do, you will be disqualified, sorry ~.~
- Comment on this blog with your favorite skin treatment. What do you do to keep your skin clean?
- Vote on the poll on the sidebar, so I can get your insight on things :3
- Write something insightful on the Facebook Page - I love hearing from you guys~
- Make sure you are a FOLLOWER/SUBSCRIBER/LIKE Facebook
- BLAKhead Lotion
- BLAKhead Masque
- September 15th, 2010
Good luck, everyone :DD