1.23.2010

New obsession: Circle lenses

So, as a frequent YouTube visitor and a tutorial addict, I came across a link to http://prettyandcute.com, and got sucked into purchasing a pair of GEO circle lens in Nudy Green.

For the longest time, I have wanted to purchase a pair of colored contacts, but haven't found anything that was very comfortable. I don't really wear glasses other than for reading for a long time, so I don't really need lenses with degrees, but naturally, it's harder to get those in the US. Why? I don't know. Besides, the choices I was given (yes, I went to a legit optometrist for a consult) were not too exciting. Apparently purple and red lenses are not that popular. Heh. Just kidding.

I was given some testers, Acuvue were probably closest to what I wanted, but still made me somewhat uncomfortable. Besides - they are not that cheap and only last for about 2 weeks. Screw that.

/off-topic, now. I got to prettyandcute.com and saw the selection they had for lenses. The colors were beautiful, the prices were extremely reasonable and they last for up to a year after opening! (Although I would suggest not wearing them for longer than 8 months, less if you wear them very often).

So I ordered a pair, and with shipping, I paid $24.76, which is very reasonable to me. I got my order in about 4 days, in a safely packaged box, with delivery confirmation and all that fancy stuff.

As a bonus, you get a free lens case with purchase of circle lenses. I got the "Button Pooh" case, as I wanted a case that was not transparent (plus I <3 Pooh!) So overall, I must say that this is going to be my one stop for lenses from now on, as Janie keeps adding new lenses pretty frequently. Of course, the website doesn't only sell lenses, but also fashion accessories, beauty products and cute things. I am thinking of purchasing more variety lenses, as these were probably the most comfortable lenses I have ever worn. Amazing quality, too. Naturally, she only sells AUTHENTIC GEO lenses, so no worries - your eyes will be safe ;) If you DO end up purchasing from her, please do mention that you were referred by [sporkofjustice@gmail.com] - I would be extremely grateful :) And here's the awesome video review:

No comments:

Post a Comment