ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment
Comes in two sizes: 4oz bottle - $9 and 16oz bottle - $25. You can purchase them at your local Sally's Beauty Supply, or on their online store. If you have their pro-card, it's cheaper, of course! If you are unsure or don't have SUPER damaged hair and just want to do this as a one-time-thing, buy the small bottle, but if your hair is like mine, I definitely would recommend the big bottle.
- Rebuilds hair structure within six weeks
- Ideal for permed, tinted or relaxed hair
- Stops hair breakage
- Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment is a unique treatment formulated with magnesium and modified proteins which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. The result is that breakage is drastically reduced. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is a salon service product unlike any product available for at-home use. During the process, ApHogee treatment hardens into the hair, dramatic evidence that something special is occurring
I bought this with really high hopes of a miracle. What happens after the treatment is what I call magic. First off, I have to say that this is not the easiest/fastest treatment to "administer" to your hair and it takes time and patience and it smells really bad...but the results are worth it.
- First you wash your hair as usual, towel dry, and apply the treatment
- Comb through your hair with a wide-tooth comb, very gently
- Blow-dry your hair until it is crunchy and crispy - like you put too much product in it
- Jump back into the shower, wash it off, and apply conditioner as usual
- Proceed with your usual styling afterwards
See how lengthy this is? You have to wash your hair twice, essentially, so it takes time. The clerk at Sally's (she is a licensed hair stylist, too) recommended I use it three times a week, based on the damage done to my hair. This means that three time a week, I have to do this ritual *facedesk* YES, it takes a while. YES it is worth it. YES I regret damaging my hair ;__;
After I finish drying my hair once the treatment is complete, the ends are super smooth and silky and the hair is not tangled as usual. It's easy to brush and manage and is less breakable. I love it! The obvious downside is that once I stop doing this treatment, the hair eventually goes back to the icky gross mess!
Overall, I've been trying so many things on my hair right now that I love things that work for the moment. Obviously, there is no way to repair my hair permanently, so I keep searching for treatment that will keep for the longest and makes my hair easier to manage. Currently, ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is it. Once I am done with this bottle, I am hoping to find something cheaper - it's quite on the expensive side, but definitely more worht it than the Macadamia Natural Oil treatments for such heavy damage.